You’ve probably heard it often – drink more water! Sure, you’ve heard that it’s important, but it’s hard to make sure that you’re getting in enough water each day.
Today, I’ve got some easy guidelines for you to follow to make sure you’re drinking enough water each day!
Typically, it is recommended that you drink half your body weight in ounces of water per day. So, for instance, I weigh about 160 pounds, so I would need to drink about 80 ounces of water per day. However, if you are physically active during the day and are sweating (thus, losing water!) it’s advised that you drink more ounces on top of that. Continuing with my example, on days that I exercise, I try to drink between 90-110 ounces of water per day.
How Do I Drink More?
Alright, so this sounds like A LOT of water every day. Here are some ways that may help you drink the amount you need to each day.
1. Buy a 20-30-ounce water bottle and try to drink and refill it morning, afternoon, and evening.
2. Pick your favorite 8-ounce glass and try to refill it every 90 minutes.
3. Get a half gallon jug or water bottle and write motivational phrases on it. You can even find these pre-made online!
4. Set alerts on your phone to remind you to drink a glass of water at certain intervals throughout the day.
5. Get a buddy to inspire you! Set water goals with a friend and check in with each other each day to make sure you’re drinking as much as you should!
Pick one of these ideas or come up with your own – get creative! Drinking the proper amount of water on a regular basis is so important for your health!